What camper and RV parts will you need after you buy a camper?

When a customer buys a camper from me, most of the time they will ask “What other RV parts will I need to use my camper?”. Here is a great list to help you on your way…

Fresh Water

Water Pressure Regulator– The typical water lines in a camper are rated between 55-65 PSI, and many camp grounds will have a much higher water output pressure. A small regulator can protect your camper from having a water line rupture.

Drinking Hose– Did you know that the green water hoses most people have laying around the house contain formaldehyde. Formaldehyde free drinking hoses are typically white or blue and are a must if you plan on using the water at the campground.

Water Filter– You can filter all of the water entering your camper with a small water filter that you install in line with the drinking hose. Tthese low cost filters are an easy way to ensure you have clean drinking water.


Sewer Hose– A sewer hose is a must have for any camper as it is the only way to properly drain your black and grey tanks. Sewer hoses can range in price from $20 and all the way up to $100. The one you choose should be based on how often you use your hose and what features you are looking for.

Rinse Hose– This can be a standard garden hose and will be used to rinse out your sewer hose and to keep things clean.

Tank Wand– Tank wands will go down inside of the toilet and into the black tank and rinse it out. We recommend a flexible tank wand. Many campers today come with a black tank flush system making the tank wand unnecessary.

Tank Chemicals– Tank chemicals are very important. The are used to fight odors from your grey and black tanks but they also help break down any waste in these tanks so that they can be easily flushed. Formaldehyde free chemicals are highly recommended.

Biodegradable Toilet Paper– Believe it or not you need to use special toilet paper with your camper. The difference between regular toilet paper and biodegradable toilet paper is that biodegradable toilet paper does not contain cotton. The cotton is what does not break down in your toilet tank. Some people use standard single ply toilet tissue but this can create issues that can be costly to fix.

Other Odds and Ends

Electrical Adapters– Always call ahead to a campground to see what type of power outlets your site will have. Some sites are equipped with 50 or 30 amp service. Depending on what service your camper has, you may need an electrical adapter for your camper to adapt up or down to fit the camp site outlet.

Wheel Chocks– Always chock the wheels of your camper with something! Anything! You can buy wheel chocks or use wood. We recommend purchasing wheel chocks due to the fact that they will not hold moisture like heavy wood and will last much longer.

Levels– It is a great idea to install levels on the outside of your camper. They are easily installed with double sided tape that is already attached to the levels. We recommend levels that show in inches how uneven your camper is and that you purchase leveling blocks that are one inch thick. This combination makes leveling your camper a breeze. Remember, your camper must be level for the refrigerator to work properly!And if you have an Atwood hot water heater with the white plastic plugs, it doesn’t hurt to pick up some extras!If you buy a camper from me, I provide you with a gift card to help with the purchase of the additional RV Parts that you might need. Give me a call, I’m happy to answer any questions. I look forward to hearing from you. Mention or bring a copy of this article and I will double your gift card if you purchase a camper from me.

Aline Parsley

Colerain RV

513-923-3600 x102

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply