RV Insurance

When purchasing a new RV, camper, fifth wheel or travel trailer, make sure not to forget your RV Insurance.  With all of the excitement of the new purchase, RV Insurance could easily be forgotten.

Any type of RV can be insured.  Depending on whether you purchase a pull behind camper or a motorhome will determine the type of coverage that you must get.  RV Insurance is just like car insurance.  You can choose the type of coverage that you want and the amount of your deductible.  If you will be towing your camper, you might want to check with the agent that holds your auto policy and see what your policy currently covers for tow behind units. You many need to add additional liability coverage to your policy to provide a little bit of extra protection.

RV Insurance breakdown:

Comprehensive Coverage is option that helps protect your RV in covered situations that don’t necessarily involve other drivers or vehicles such as damaged by a storm, vandalism, or passive object (such as a pole in a parking garage or a tree) which fell and was not caused through a collision.

Collision coverage helps pay for damage to your vehicle if you hit another vehicle, another vehicle hits you, or your vehicle rolls over. Collision coverage maybe a required part of your RV insurance coverage if your vehicle is financed or leased.

Liability auto coverage covers bodily injury to others and property damage to others if you are at fault in an accident. Bodily injury pays others’ medical costs. It can also pay injured parties’ lost wages and your legal expenses. Property damage coverage is for claims that bring about damage to another’s property. This limit needs to be about the same as your Bodily Injury limit. The amounts can have a split limit or a combined limit. Ask your agent which is best for you.  It can also pay for your legal expenses if a lawsuit is brought against you due to an accident.  Motorhomes require these Property Damage insurances, but a pull camper does not. Many state laws require liability coverage.  Each state has its own minimum requirement.

Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist protection helps pay for damages to your vehicle if it is damaged in an accident by an underinsured, uninsured or unidentified driver. Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage also helps pay your medical costs and your passengers’ medical costs if an accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver results in injury. This car insurance coverage may also pay for lost wages and other damages. Auto coverage varies from state to state and is required in some states.

There are companies that specialize in RV coverage and their yearly premiums are very reasonable.  They are very familiar with the industry and normally offer coverage that a regular home/auto agent cannot offer.

Whether your RV, camper, travel trailer or fifth wheel is new or used, you will want to make sure that you are covered with RV Insurance.  It may be the best insurance policy you ever had.

[Tags]rv insurance, rv coverage, rv insurance coverage[/tags]

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply